Student Scholarship Opportunities
PRIMA awards Annual Conference Scholarships to students interested in pursuing careers in the field of public risk management. Award recipients will receive a complimentary conference registration to the Virtual 2021 PRIMA Annual Conference. The scholarship affords selected students an opportunity to attend the educational sessions as well as the special events.
Scholarship recipients are paired with a PRIMA member who is an experienced risk manager. The PRIMA member serves as a mentor who will help the students network and gain industry knowledge before, during and after the conference. The recipients will also receive a complimentary one-year student membership to PRIMA.
Selected scholars will be required to do the following:
PRIMA student scholars will appear in a brief video in which they will discuss their interest in public risk management and future career plans.
Post conference, student scholars will write a blog or speak on a podcast sharing their conference experience and key takeaways.
Download a copy of our brochure and application Today!
Student Scholarship Brochure
Student Scholarship Application
Each application packet must include the following items:
1. A completed application form (this page).
2. A brief essay demonstrating your passion for public risk management:
a. Your academic major of study
3. A resume or list that includes:
b. Your career goals (include your public risk management goals)
c. Your reasons for applying for the PRIMA Student Scholarship
* The essay must be typed, double spaced and no more than 250 words.
a. Any awards or recognition that you received
4. One letter of recommendation written by an advisor, instructor, or professor and sent to: email@example.com
b. Community/extracurricular involvement, especially those demonstrating leadership
c. Work/volunteer history, especially those linked to risk management
5. A certification form from the enrollment/records office confirming your current status as a full-time student (a copy of your class schedule will also be accepted).
6. A copy of your transcript (unofficial copies are accepted).
The application deadline is Friday, April 2, 2021
Please send your application packet to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Incomplete applications will NOT be accepted. Students will be notified of their selection in April 2021.
For further assistance please contact the education department at email@example.com