PRIMA awards Annual Conference Scholarships to students interested in pursuing careers in the field of public risk management. Award recipients will receive complimentary conference registration, meals, hotel accommodations and transportation to the 2024 PRIMA Annual Conference. The scholarship affords selected students an opportunity to attend the educational sessions as well as the special events at the PRIMA Annual Conference. The 2024 PRIMA Annual Conference will take place June 6-9, 2024 in Nashville, TN.
Scholarship recipients are paired with a PRIMA member who is an experienced risk manager. The PRIMA member serves as a mentor who will help the students network and gain industry knowledge before, during and after the conference. The recipients will also receive a complimentary one-year student membership to PRIMA.
Each application packet must include the following items:
1. A completed application form (this page).
2. A brief essay demonstrating your passion for public risk management:
a. Your academic major of study
b. Your career goals (include your public risk management goals)
c. Your reasons for applying for the PRIMA Student Scholarship
* The essay must be typed, double spaced and no more than 250 words.
3. A resume or list that includes:
a. Any awards or recognition that you received
b. Community/extracurricular involvement, especially those demonstrating leadership
c. Work/volunteer history, especially those linked to risk management
4. One letter of recommendation written by an advisor, instructor, or professor and sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
5. A certification form from the enrollment/records office confirming your current status as a full-time student (a copy of your class schedule will also be accepted).
6. A copy of your transcript (unofficial copies are accepted).
The application deadline is Friday, January 12, 2024
Incomplete applications will NOT be accepted. Students will be notified of their selection late January 2024.
For additional information, contact PRIMA's Education and training team at email@example.com