Public Risk Management Association (PRIMA) is committed to ensuring a welcoming and safe environment for all members and participants. We expect all members and participants to abide by this Code in all PRIMA activities, including when attending PRIMA events, serving on PRIMA committees or other groups, and participating in online discussions. All members and participants must:
• Exercise consideration and respect in speech and actions.
• Refrain from demeaning, discriminatory, or harassing behavior and speech.
Unacceptable behaviors include:
• intimidating, harassing, abusive, discriminatory, derogatory or demeaning speech or actions;
• harmful or prejudicial verbal or written comments or visual images related to gender, sexual orientation, race, religion, disability, or other personal characteristic
• deliberate intimidation, stalking, or following;
• harassing photography or recording;
• sustained disruption of talks or other events;
• unwelcome and uninvited attention or contact;
• physical assault (including unwelcome touching or groping);
• real or implied threat of physical harm; and
• real or implied threat of professional or financial damage or harm.
Consequences of Unacceptable Behavior
Reports of unacceptable behavior will be investigated by PRIMA, and if found to have occurred, may result in disciplinary action, including but not limited to, suspension or removal from membership.
How to Report Unacceptable Behavior
Any person who has been the victim of an assault or other criminal behavior, or who believes their physical safety is at risk, should immediately call 911 or contact the event venue’s security.
Any person who has been subjected to, or personally witnessed to abusive, harassing, threatening, or similar behavior by anyone in connection with PRIMA activities or communications, should report to a PRIMA staff person onsite, or, after an event has concluded, via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. If unacceptable behavior at a PRIMA event is reported during the event, PRIMA may take preliminary action, including directing an attendee to leave the event, pending a full investigation and resolution of the complaint.