Registration Opens January 2024
Submitted proposals should offer engaging, timely and innovative information that speaks to all public risk management professionals!
The submission deadline is Friday, July 28, 2023!
PRIMA’s 2024 Annual Conference will feature approximately 50 engaging education sessions. Presenters will share best practices and innovative methodology to address timely issues impacting public risk management professionals. The Annual Conference education sessions are a valuable resource for new and seasoned public risk management professionals.
This conference offers four distinct education session formats: 30-minute cram sessions, 45 minute classroom sessions, 1hr classroom sessions 1.25 in-depth workshops.
PRIMA education sessions are organized by tracks that coincide with PRIMA’s Core Competencies.
• Advanced Risk Management Administration
• Basic Risk Management Administration
• Workers’ Compensation
• Risk Control
• General Liability/ Auto
• Employee Benefits / Human Resources
All submissions are reviewed and evaluated by PRIMA’s Conference Planning Committee (CPC). The committee strategically selects sessions that afford conference attendees the opportunity to attend high quality education presentations that cover a variety of public risk management topics. The CPC is comprised of accomplished professionals from diverse public risk management backgrounds. The selection process is competitive, there is a 35% submission acceptance rate.
• Overall quality
• Well-defined focus
• Practical application
• Engagement strategies
• Current significance
• Public risk management relevance
• Correlates with PRIMA’s core competencies and subcategories.
*Preference is given to sessions delivered by public risk management practitioners.
Immediately following your submission, you will see a confirmation page. You will be contacted, on or before, October 27, 2023, regarding the status of your submission.
Presenters at PRIMA’s Annual Conference are considered attendees and are expected to pay their own travel expenses and conference registration fees. Presenters are not required to attend the days they are not speaking.
Conference registration is complimentary on the day of your presentation.
PRIMA does not pay speaking fees.
Information You Will Need
• Full contact information for you and your co-presenter(s)** including name, designation(s), title, organization, full address, e-mail address and phone numbers.
• A one paragraph biography for each co-presenter.
• PRIMA Core Competencies/Subcategories/Learning Track
• Session details*** including title of your presentation (no more than seven words in length), a description (75-100 words), three main learning objectives (using words such as develop, apply, identify and evaluate), audience, course level, core competency and the session format.
*When you begin your online submission you will be asked to indicate your agreement to comply with PRIMA’s Annual Conference Presenter Terms and Conditions.
PRIMA Annual Conference Presenter Terms and Conditions:
• Session submitter will serve as primary contact for proposed session and must have a valid e-mail address that is checked regularly.
• PRIMA reserves the right to approve any co-presenters.
• Sessions may be recorded, and the recordings may be made available for registered conference attendees or used for promotional purposes. This is not a transfer of copyright or ownership of the session content, but solely an agreement to record and distribute recordings of the proceedings of this conference.
• PRIMA does not reimburse expenses or pay speaker fees for education sessions.
• Presenters are offered a reduced registration fee for the conference or a complimentary day-only registration for the day of their session.
• For all accepted submissions, PRIMA reserves the right to edit title, description, learner outcomes, or reassign identified topic areas.
• Education sessions are non-commercial. Presenters may not promote a product, service, or anything else representing monetary self-interest. Failure to comply will affect future consideration.
*Sessions at the 2024 PRIMA Conference are scheduled for Friday, June 7, Saturday, June 8, and Sunday, June 9. The schedule is determined by balancing topics and target audiences. Individual schedule requests are considered only in extreme circumstances.